Vance Clamp-On Adapter Plate
- Multiple thickness options
- The material is called Starboard, which is a marine-grade polymer that works great in saltwater.
- It’s made of very strong material; you can drill holes through this plate to hold your clamp-on engine down even better (we recommend this).
- It’s rated for 50-HP engines and below.
- Quality First you can count on from Vance Manufacturing.
- Stainless steel hardware is included, but to ensure we send you the right hardware length, we need to know what model jack plate you have (Example: JPL4500). The product model number is in the ad heading on all of our products.
- It is recommended to use a 4'' setback jack plate or greater in combination with this so that your engine clamps clear the transom and do not hit the back of the inside of the jack plate or your transom.
The plate has predrilled holes for 1/2'' stainless hardware, and the mounting hole dimensions are listed below in inches.
- 12 7/8'' across the top two holes from center to center
- 9 7/8'' across the bottom two holes from center to center
- 8'' of vertical distance between the top holes and bottom mounting holes
This item comes in handy in a few different situations. First, if you already have one of our standard jack plates (not mini) and you have a clamp-on engine that is not the standard bolt pattern, you will need this. Second, if you have two engines you use on the same boat and one of them is a clamp-on-style engine and the other is a standard-bolt-pattern engine, you will want to purchase a 4'' setback jack plate or greater and this clamp-on adapter. Third, if you have a clamp-on-style engine now and are thinking about or planning to purchase a larger standard bolt pattern in the future, you will want to purchase a 4'' setback jack plate or greater and this clamp-on adapter so that you don't have to purchase a new jack plate to fit your engine in the future.
If you have any questions about fitment or this product, please send us an email or give us a call! We are here to help you at Vance Manufacturing and want to ensure you get the right thing the first time.
Not sure what size thickness clamping plate you need? Measure the minimum distance your outboard engine will clamp and then round up to the nearest inch so you have enough for clamping your engine onto your Vance Jack Plate. We offer 1 inch, 2 inch, and 3 inch thick mounting plates.
JPL 4400 w/adapter plate
Installed this weekend,easy installation and was exactly what i needed to get my 14 ft G3 on plane faster and more top end speed.thanks vance for the quality product.